PCs or Macs: Which Provide the Best Value and Flexibility for Your Business?
Research shows greater variety, manageability, and supportability, in addition to a lower total cost of ownership (TCO), for PCs in small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and in the enterprise.
When it comes to end-user devices, businesses want to give employees the best user experience possible. In addition, organizations need to consider manageability, supportability, security, and affordability for those devices. The first step in choosing devices lies in selecting the overall ecosystem. For many organizations, that comes down to a choice between PCs based on Windows® or Apple® devices.
Based on extensive research and testing, Prowess has determined Intel® processor–based PCs running Windows to be a better option for most businesses because the Windows PC ecosystem provides several benefits over Apple device–based deployments.
For the devices we compared, the PC option offers:
• Between $650 and $1,249 lower capital expenditure (CapEx)
• Up to 37 percent lower cost for mobile device management (MDM) and essential productivity software
• Between 26 percent and 45 percent lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
In addition, the Windows solution provides:
• More comprehensive compliance and configuration options
• Simpler MDM from a single pane of glass
• Added security capabilities and remote support, even for outof- band devices, via Intel vPro® technology
• More options for form factors and upgradeability