On the Go or At a Desk: The Best Device for Users’ Needs
Laptops, tablets, 2-in-1 devices, all-in-ones, and desktops: with so many choices, it can be a headache to choose the right device. To help you sort through devices and processors for your organization, our team at Prowess Consulting put a laptop device and a 2-in-1 device through a series of functional use cases to look at how they fit for mobile and desk-based workers. We looked at:
- A 14-inch HP EliteBook 840 G3 laptop powered by an Intel Core i5-6200U processor
- A 12-inch HP Elite x2 1012 G1 2-in-1 device powered by an Intel Core m5-6Y54 processor
Our Top Takeaways
- Both devices offer excellent and comparable performance for many tasks.
- The HP Elite x2 1012 G1 2-in-1 device is ideal for mobile users because it provides 2-in-1 convenience, up to 10 hours of battery life, touch capabilities—which can be enhanced with an HP® Active Pen—and a detachable keyboard.
- The HP EliteBook 840 G3 laptop is ideal for staff who work docked at a desk and on more complex tasks because it provides out-of-the box Ethernet connectivity, more ports, and added performance for compute-intensive tasks.
Prowess Internal Research